Friday 24 February 2012

Kiln Software Progress

It's been a little while since I did any work on the software side of things but I'm hoping for the software to connect to the controller using the new COM hardware. At the moment you have to physically remove the serial EEPROM and read it with a device programmer to access the log data.













The graph display was from the very first series of test fires; the kiln was running on 10 Amps in a wall socket rather than  21 Amps on a dedicated cable so it only reached 780ÂșC. At first there were noticeable oscillations (over / under-shoot ) in the graph line; which I managed to reduce by adjusting the code, I believe it's related to what is called the 'thermal response' of the kiln; and the aim of the game is to smooth-it-out as much as you can. The method I used was just something I made up; but to a master in the field of temperature control systems; it's probably a fine art!

No comments:

Post a Comment