Tuesday 3 July 2012

Getting Back to It!

It's been a while since I last posted; I've been working mainly on other things so I haven't been able to focus much on the controller. I've worked on the circuit schematic a little but there are still some areas of the circuit that still need thinking through. I guess my problem is down to the fact that because this is my first project and I've gained so much electronics experience in doing it that I keep changing my mind and moving the goal posts by adding new features!  So the plan is to push the current version through to a working prototype that can be better tested, and also for me to stop adding new features!.
 Last night I started to build a version of the controller on a simple veroboard,  the idea is to use this one on the kiln whilst the PCB layout version is being finalized. My nice blue box will have to wait for the PCB version, as my veroboard circuit is far too big to fit in.

Whilst creating the veroboard version I can get back up to speed on the controller code for the kiln programmes, I basically have to re-write it because I moved the programme memory from in the controller chip to an external serial flash memory device, this allows for a greater number of potential programmes. with the added bonus of freeing up valuable controller memory.

1 comment: